Extensive compatibility. Multi-platform deployment options. Phased migration options.
NetCOBOL provides comprehensive and cost-effective alternative COBOL platforms for application development, deployment, maintenance and modernization. Organizations are converting applications from Micro Focus® COBOL platforms such as Micro Focus Server Express™, Net Express® and Visual COBOL® to NetCOBOL for many reasons:
- To gain the advantage of a COBOL development and deployment model without rewriting or retraining
- To improve ROI and dramatically lower COBOL licensing costs
- NO RUNTIME FEES
- As an ISV, increase your product profit margin and remain competitive in today’s marketplace
- Decrease product costs to your end-users
- To support a wide range of data access options and capabilities
- To natively integrate with leading Web and application server technologies
Maintain and modernize COBOL applications with a true business partner
Why continue to face steep annual COBOL software license fees and License Verification Audits, when NetCOBOL delivers powerful and more affordable alternatives?
With technology from NetCOBOL, you can move to an innovative COBOL platform with lower TCO, a solid roadmap, and numerous options for GUI maintenance and modernization — all backed by a dedicated global support team.
The NetCOBOL COBOL product family includes:
What makes the move to NetCOBOL so easy?
Extensive compatibility, user-friendly migration features, and phased transition options.
What makes the move to NetCOBOL so worthwhile?
NetCOBOL offers powerful COBOL functionality at a low price, with no runtime fees. With NetCOBOL, there are no charges for upgrading to a new release with a valid support contract.
What Micro Focus features are handled by NetCOBOL?
- NetCOBOL supports the Micro Focus CBL subroutines
- NetCOBOL supports the Micro Focus usage of Zoned Decimal items
- NetCOBOL supports the Micro Focus usage of the Accept Statement
- Interfacing with our partner Flexus’ SP2 tool, NetCOBOL can handle the migration of Dialog Systems to a more flexible operating environment.
- Utilizing our ReFocus Migration Service, over 30 different Micro Focus specific non-ANSI syntaxes can be automatically converted to true ANSI compliant code.