Free COBOL from the Mainframe – Compile COBOL on Windows®
Fujitsu NetCOBOL® for Windows® is a COBOL compiler and development environment that lets you create standalone COBOL applications and/or COBOL components for use with Windows®. The NetCOBOL Project Manager provides an editor, compiler (NetCOBOL), interactive debugger, execution environment and other supporting tools for easy use. NetCOBOL for Windows®runs on Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Vista, XP, Server 2008 R2, Server 2008 and Server 2003 R2. Separate products are available to support the generation of 32-bit and 64-bit code.
Eliminate COBOL Runtime Fees for Good
With NetCOBOL for Windows®, there is no additional charge for distributing applications created using NetCOBOL. By removing runtime fees for good, it’s possible to drastically cut cost and eliminate administrative headaches.
Benefits of NetCOBOL for Windows®
- No COBOL runtime license fees
- Supports native 32-bit code (NetCOBOL for Windows®) or 64-bit code (NetCOBOL for Windows® x64)
- Standards compliant (Full ANSI Standard COBOL X3.23 1985)
- Compatible with VS COBOL II and OS/VS COBOL
- Verified support of Oracle and Pro*COBOL
- Converts data between COBOL data files and XML
- Provides Web Application Wizard for creating Web applications
- Full-function GUI COBOL Integrated Development Environment (Edit, Compile and Debug)
COBOL Coding Made Easy
NetCOBOL for Windows® lets you manage, edit and debug COBOL applications with an easy-to-use interface.
Latest Release – NetCOBOL for Windows v11x64
- Provides UTF-32 support; encoding from UTF-32 can now be used
- Support for COBOL Resource Projects, which are used for management of library and descriptor files in NetCOBOL Studio
- Support for COBOL Solution Projects, which are used for management of multiple projects in NetCOBOL Studio
- Adds a project configuration conversion capability, which converts to previous version Project Manager projects from NetCOBOL for Windows v10.1 and earlier to NetCOBOL Studio