- SOA-based Web Services standards-based approach with significant mainframe assets. Deficient mainframe tooling requiring much manual coding. Increased programming requirements lead to delays and cost overruns.
- Client requirements dictate the ability to modify or change back-end application processing or locations and retain a solid business logic contract or API.
- Need to deliver standards based SOA applications on time and on budget with limited mainframe skills and no time for manual coding.
- Mainframe apps and data need to participate in SOA architecture as rapidly as other development and deployment environments in open systems world.
GT Software Enabling Technologies and Services
- Ivory Service Architect enables you to extend access to mainframe applications, data and processes through mainframe web services — with no code written, generated or changed.
- The Ivory Orchestration engine supports data enrichment (via access to external services), allowing creation of composite services, and even automation of business processes. With an easy to learn and use graphical interface the net result is rapid deployment of Services providing your business the needed agility to gain a competitive advantage.
- Ivory Server offers unmatched platform independence for accessing System z host applications providing you the flexibility to manage enterprise resources on you terms and not be restricted by solutions with limited options. Ivory Server can be hosted on z/OS, z/VSE, Linux for z, Linux and Microsoft Windows Servers, this unique capability is unmatched in the industry.
- Rapidly deliver standard web-services without additional application programming, generation of additional program code while providing rapid build and maintenance ability.
- Provides service orchestration to meet business requirements along with platform independence.
- Multiple deployment options for the Ivory Server enables customer control of SOA MIPS Savings.
- The major benefits of SOA is the ability to wrap business logic with an independent contract which provides the ability to replace the back-end processing of a service while retaining the contract. Services can be hosted on CICS and when moved to another platform and the contract remains in tact.